For many traveling is a hobby; for some, it is a passion! Well, if you are a travel bug, you know what to do and how to prepare for a local travel plan. But, things are not the same when it comes to planning a trip abroad, to a new destination.
So, let us proceed to take a look at a basic travel checklist you need to follow to avoid any kind of inconvenience or unpleasant experiences. Focus on:
• Getting ready all of the travel documents needed for a safe and comfortable travel, such as passport, visas or any other proof you will be required to produce in the country you are planning to visit.
• Try to start planning early and have enough time for ticket bookings; travel agencies come in handy in this job.
• Collect information about the currency used in that country so that you can be prepared to spend easily while shopping or sightseeing.
• In case you are not aware of the language spoken there, you can take the help of travel guides or local travel agencies.
• Calculate your expenditures in advance and take enough money with you. In this, you need to include travel insurance, food and accommodation, any kind of emergency, and so on.
• Avoid the common mistake that most tourists commit- never dress up like a typical foreigner or a newly landed tourist- this can create problems for you. For example, you may be cheated or even looted if you pose yourself as an affluent visitor.
• Note down essential contact numbers to get the help in case of an emergency like cash or credit cards stolen or lost.
• Try to get prior information about the local laws of the place to avoid facing any kind of legal action at any time during your trip.
Apart from these guidelines, certain fundamental tips are given by experts to make your trip not only comfortable but also a memorable and joyous one. They are:
i. Make your baggage light and convenient to carry
ii. In case you are traveling with a kid or an elderly person, then don’t forget to carry their specific items- you never know when and where you might need them!
iii. Put an identification tag on your entire luggage to retrieve them in case of theft or misplacement.